Monday, February 11, 2013

denial

This has been one of the most emotional weeks as of yet.  We are back to square one trying to find out what happened to Gabriel.  So I am back to where I was in the first few weeks replaying everything back in my mind and feeling so guilty for everything that I did or didn't do that may have possibly had anything to do with losing him.  I am so completely broken.  The timing was poor that we got this news (our test results) the same week that I went back to work.  Going back to work was a smack in the face that life is going on without my baby boy here.  I realized this week that I may have been in denial these last few months because now that I am back at work I'm being forced to accept the fact that Gabriel is gone and he's not going to be arriving in the next few weeks.  I will keep working while his nursery remains empty. I won't be awaken by cries in the night, nurse my son in the rocking chair, change diapers at 3a.m. or snuggle him in early mornings.  I won't get to listen to his first coos, see his first smile, or look into his eyes.   All I will ever have are the memories of my sweet boy...I'm already forgetting what it feels like to hold him in my arms or feel his skin next to mine.  Thankfully I have pictures so that I can look at his beautiful face every day or else those memories would start to fade too.   

Gabriel is gone...it's hard to say, but even harder to believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment