Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Gabriel's books for little angels

I'm trying to find a way to honor Gabriel and make his approaching due date not so depressing.  Our favorite thing that we did when I was pregnant was read to Gabriel at night.  Maybe it's the teacher in me that wanted the tradition of reading to my child every night so we started while he was in the womb (and so glad we did and have those precious memories).  When we were at the hospital after delivering Gabriel we wanted to read to him, but we didn't have any books with us.  We looked up the words on our phone so we could read to our sweet boy.  So I thought that a great way to honor Gabriel would be to have people donate books to the hospital so that they can give them to the parents that lose their babies so they have something to read to their children and a great memory to take home with them.  I've been in contact with the hospital and I need to send them copies of possible books so that they can take them to a committee for approval in two weeks.  I really hope that this is something that they want to do because I really want to do something uplifting for Gabriel for his due date.  Next month is going to be hard...the 14th is his due date and my birthday is the 21st...I remember thinking I wanted Gabriel to hold out an extra week so he would come on my birthday so I would have a great birthday gift.  I had no idea how things would turn out, but regardless...Gabriel is the best gift I've ever been given.  I'm heartbroken because I didn't have enough time with him, but I cherish every moment that I did.  He changed my life forever...and he truly was a gift!

UPDATE!!!  CMC approved my idea and we will start collecting books now!  The book that we want to collect is called "Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You"  Although this book was not written for this situation, the title says it all regardless. 

Gabriel, I love you little man and hope that you can smile knowing that you are being remembered in the best way that I know how! Now let's see how many books we can raise. 

For those that want to purchase a book here is a link to my wishlist on Amazon.  You can also find the book at most Target locations if you want to give me the book in person.  http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3M0Y47I2MC7PD/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_o_C-1

 I hope to collect all of the books at the end of the month so that we can take them all to the hospital at once.  Our goal is to raise 100 books!

No comments:

Post a Comment