Tuesday, January 8, 2013

not just any baby

I saw a neighbor today that didn't know about Gabriel.  After I told her what happened she said "I hear lots of people go on to have a baby after they lose one".  She was trying to be comforting and that wasn't the first I've heard something similar and I would have probably said something just the same if it had happened to someone else.  I think it's not until you experience this kind of loss that you know it's not about losing A baby...it's about losing this baby.  I do want to have another child one day, but that child will never fill the hole that was left behind by Gabriel. I grieved when I miscarried, but even that kind of loss isn't the same...Gabriel has a name, we saw his face and know who he looks like...we talked to him, read to him, sang to him and prepared a room for him.  He was already a significant part of our life at 27 weeks...and now always will be.  In the months and years to come when my friends and family think back to this time in our lives...I don't want them remembering that we lost a baby...I want them to remember Gabriel!

No comments:

Post a Comment